|Author||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Series||# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Booklists||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Twilight Readalikes for Young Adults
- Anderson, M.T. Thirsty
From the moment he knows that he is destined to be a vampire, Chris thirsts for the blood of people around him while also struggling to remain human.
- Bray, Libba A Great and Terrible Beauty
After the suspicious death of her mother in 1895, sixteen-year-old Gemma returns to England after many years in India, to attend a finishing school where she becomes aware of her magical powers and ability to see into the spirit world.
- Cabot, Meg Jinx
Sixteen-year-old Jean “Jinx” Honeychurch, the descendant of a witch, must leave Iowa to live with relatives in Manhattan after the first spell she cats goes awry, but she will have to improve her skills to stop her cousin from practicing black magic that endangers them and the boy they both like.
- Cabot, Meg Avalon High
Having moved to Annapolis, Maryland, with her medievalist parents, high school junior Ellie enrolls at Avalon High School where several students may or may not be reincarnations of King Arthur and his court.
- Cabot, Meg The Mediator series
Sixteen-year-old Suze Simon can mediate between the living and the dead, and she hopes her move to California will be a fresh start, but a hot ghost named Jesse haunts her bedroom and another ghost is bent on vengeance at school.
- Caine, Rachel The Morganville Vampires series
In Morganville, Texas, a town where evil terrorizes the streets under the cover of darkness, Claire Danvers, who has had enough of her current dorm situation, moves off-campus and discovers that her new roommates are vampires.
- Cary, Kate Bloodline
Nineteen-year-old John Shaw, British soldier in World War I, makes a horrifying discovery that his regiment commander, Quincey Harker, is a descendant of Count Dracula. When Quincey appears in England and begins wooing John’s sister, John must stop him from continuing Dracula’s bloodline. Sequel: Bloodline: Reckoning
- Clare, Cassandra The Mortal Instruments series
- Flinn, Alex Beastly
A modern retelling of “Beauty and the Beast” from the point of view of the Beast, a vain Manhattan private school student who is turned into a monster and must find true love before he can return to his human form.
- Jay, Stacey You Are So Undead to Me
Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler—a part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people full of angst. However, someone in school is using black magic to turn average Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it’s looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party.
- Johnson, Maureen Devilish
Jane Jarvis, a senior at a Catholic girl's school in Providence, Rhode Island, tries to save her best friend by making a pact with a demon--in the form of a cupcake-eating, very friendly teenage girl.
- Jones, Carrie Need
Depressed after the death of her stepfather, high school junior Zara goes to live with her grandmother in a small Maine town, where new friends tell Zara the strange man she keeps seeing may be a pixie king and that only “were” creatures can stop him from taking souls.
- Leavitt, Martine Keturah and Lord Death
When Lord Death comes to claim sixteen-year-old Keturah while she is lost in the King’s Forest, she charms him with her story and is granted a twenty-four hour reprieve in which to seek her one true love.
- Maxwell, Katie Got Fangs?
Francesca can read minds by touch, but when she joins a psychic fair in Hungary, she falls in love with Benedikt, a vampire, who must come to her aid after she starts investigating a series of thefts among the other employees of the fair.
- Pike, Aprilynne Wings
When a plant blooms out of fifteen-year-old Laurel's back, it leads her to discover the fact that she is a faerie and that she has a crucial role to play in keeping the world safe from the encroaching enemy trolls. Stephenie Meyer says: “Wings is a remarkable debut; the ingenuity of the mythology is matched only by the startling loveliness with which the story unfolds.”
- Smith, Cynthia Leitch Tantalize
When multiple murders in Austin, Texas, threaten the grand re-opening of her family’s vampire-themed restaurant, seventeen-year-old, orphaned Quincie worries that her best friend-turned-love interest, Keiren, a werewolf-in-training, may be the prime suspect.
- Vande Velde, Vivian Companions of the Night
When sixteen-year-old Kerry Nowicki helps a young man escape from a group of men who claim he is a vampire, she finds herself faced with some bizarre and dangerous choices.
- Whitcomb, Laura A Certain Slant of Light
After benignly haunting a series of people for 130 years, Helen meets a teenage boy who can see her and together they unlock the mysteries of their pasts.
- Hahn, Mary Downing Look for Me by Moonlight
While staying at the remote and reputedly haunted Main inn run by her father and stepmother, sixteen-year-old Cynda feels increasingly insolated from her father’s new family and finds solace in the attentions of a charming but mysterious guest.
- Armstrong, Kelley Darkest Powers series
After fifteen-year-old Chloe starts seeing ghosts and is sent to Lyle House, a mysterious group home for mentally disturbed teenagers, she soon discovers that neither Lyle House nor its inhabitants are exactly what they seem, and that she and her new friends are in danger.
- Atwater-Rhodes, Amelia Demon in My View
Seventeen-year-old Jessica Allodola discovers that the vampire world of her fiction is real when she develops relationships with an alluring vampire named Aubrey and the teenage witch who is trying to save Jessica from his clutches.
- Cast, P.C. House of Night series
Sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird is marked as a fledgling vampire and joins the House of Night where she will train to become an adult vampire.
- Collins, Nancy Vamps series
At an elite vampire prep school in Manhattan, sixteen-year-old vampire socialite Lilith seeks revenge against Cally, a new student and "New Blood" Lilith holds responsible for the death of her close friend during a dispute that attracted heavily-armed Van Helsings.
- De La Cruz, Melissa Blue Bloods
Select teenagers from some of New York City’s wealthiest and most socially prominent families learn a startling secret about their bloodlines. Sequels: Masquerade; Revelations
- Fantaskey, Beth ""Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side""
Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.
- Gray, Claudia Evernight
Sixteen-year-old Bianca, a new girl at the sinister Evernight boarding school, finds herself drawn to another outsider, Jared, but dark forces threaten to tear them apart and destroy Bianca’s entire world.
- Klause, Annette Curtis Blood & Chocolate
Having fallen for a human boy, a beautiful teenage werewolf must battle both her packmates and the fear of the townspeople to decide where she belongs and with whom.
- Klause, Annette Curtis The Silver Kiss
A mysterious teenage boy harboring a dark secret helps Zoe come to terms with her mother’s terminal illness.
- Mead, Richelle Vampire Academy series
Two years after a horrible incident made them run away, vampire princess Lissa and her guardian-in-training Rose are found and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, where one focuses on mastering magic, the other on physical training, while both try to avoid the perils of gossip, cliques, gruesome pranks, and sinister plots.
- Noël, Alyson Evermore
Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people’s thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.
- Robar, Serena Braced2Bite series
When Colby Blanchard is attacked and turned into a half-vampire, her senior year of high school becomes surreal as she vacillates between trying to save her life and worrying about losing her place on the cheerleading squad.
- Schreiber, Ellen Vampire Kisses series
Sixteen-year-old Raven, an outcast who always wears black and hopes to become a vampire some day, falls in love with a mysterious new boy in town, eager to find out if he can make her dreams come true.
- Smith, L.J. The Vampire Diaries series
The tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.
- Smith, L.J. Night World
Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters—they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.
- Westerfeld, Scott Peeps
Cal Thompson is a carrier of a parasite that causes vampirism and must hunt down all of the girlfriends he has unknowingly infected.
- Wooding, Chris The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray
As Thaniel, a wych-hunter, and Cathaline, his friend and mentor, try to rid the alleys of London’s Old Quarter of the terrible creatures that infest them, their lives become entwined with that of a woman who may be either mad or possessed.
- Black, Holly Valiant: A Modern Tale of Faerie
Seventeen-year-old Val runs away to New York City, where she falls in with a gang of squatters who live in the city’s subway system and consort with fairies, trolls, and other strange creatures.
- Black, Holly Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale
Sixteen-year-old Kaye, who has been visited by faeries since childhood, discovers that she herself is a magical faerie creature with a special destiny.
- Cole, Stephen The Wereling Trilogy
Sixteen-year-old Tom Anderson and seventeen-year-old Kate Folan try to escape Kate’s werewolf family and fight becoming werewolves themselves.
- Croggon, Alison Pellinor series
A manuscript from the lost civilization of Edil-Amarandah chronicles the experiences of sixteen-year-old Maerad, an orphan gifted in the magic and power of the Bards, as she escapes from slavery and begins to learn how to use her Gift to stave off the evil Darkness that threatens to consume her world.
- Dunkle, Clare B The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy
In nineteenth-century England, a powerful sorcerer and King of the Goblins chooses Kate, the elder of two orphan girls recently arrived at their ancestral home, Hollow Hill, to be his bride and queen.
- Dunkle, Clare B By These Ten Bones
After a mysterious young wood carver with a horrifying secret arrives in her small Scottish town, Maddie gains his trust and his heart and seeks a way to save both him and her townspeople from an ancient evil.
- Cashore, Kristin Graceling
In a world where some people are born with extreme and often-feared skills called Graces, Katsa struggles for redemption from her own horrifying Grace, the Grace of killing, and teams up with another young fighter to save their land from a corrupt king.
- Jones, Frewin The Faerie Path
Anita, an ordinary sixteen-year-old girl, is transported from modern-day London to the realm of Faerie where she discovers that she is Princess Tania, the long-lost daughter of King Oberon and Queen Titania.
- Livingston, Lesley Wondrous Strange
When seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow meets Sonny Flannery, she discovers he is a changeling and guardian of the gate between the faerie Otherworld and the mortal realm. She also learns that her mother had otherworldly powers that she has passed on to Kelley.
- Marr, Melissa Wicked Lovely
Seventeen-year-old Aislinn, who has the rare ability to see faeries, is drawn against her will into a centuries-old battle between the Summer King and the Winter Queen. Her life, her love, and the summer all hang in the balance. Sequel: Wicked Eternity
- Marillier, Juliet Wildwood Dancing
Five sisters who live with their merchant father in Transylvania use a hidden portal in their home to cross over into a magical world, the Wildwood.
- Nix, Garth Sabriel
Sabriel is the latest in a long line of powerful necromancers who can not only raise the dead but whose task it is to set the undead to rest.
- Pierce, Meredith Ann The Darkangel trilogy
The servant girl Aeriel must choose between destroying her vampire master for his evil deeds or saving him for the sake of his beauty and the spark of goodness she has seen in him.
- Westerfeld, Scott Uglies
Fifteen-year-old Tally’s eerily harmonious, post-apocalyptic society gives extreme makeovers to teens on their sixteenth birthdays, supposedly conferring equivalent evolutionary advantages to all. When a top-secret agency threatens to leave Tally ugly forever unless she spies on runaway teens, she agrees to infiltrate the Smoke, a shadowy colony of refugees from the “tyranny of physical perfection.”
- Westerfeld, Scott Midnighters series
Upon moving to Bixby, Oklahoma, fifteen-year-old Jessica Day learns that she is one of a group of people who have special abilities that help them fight ancient creatures living in an hour hidden at midnight; creatures that seem determined to destroy Jess.
- Arapahoe Library District. http://teens.arapahoelibraries.org/go2/cfm?pid=7642
- Haverhill Public Library Teen Department. http://www.haverhillpl.org/Teen/Books
- Hendrickson, Kathy. Lakeview Branch Library (Peoria, Ill.)“Vampire Romance: A Selected Reading List.”
- Livingston Parish Library Young Adult Services Department. http://lplteenspot.wordpress.com/2--7/12/14/if-you-like-stephenie-meyer/
- Memphis Public Library & Information Center. http://memphisreads.blogspot.com/2009/03/read-likes-for-twilight-by-stephenie.html
- Winter Park Public Library. If you liked Twilight, try these… http://www.wppl.org/teens/readnext_readalikes_meyer.htm
Twilight Readalikes for Mature Readers
- McKinley, Robin Sunshine
- Moore, Christopher Bloodsucking Fiends & You Suck: A Love Story
- Patterson, James Violets Are Blue
- Toro, Guillermo del The Strain
- Whitcomb, Laura The Fetch
- Acevedo, Mario X-Rated Bloodsuckers, Jailbait Zombie, The Nymphos of Rocky Flats, The Undead Kama Sutra
- Anscombe, Roderick The Secret Life of Laszlo, Count Dracula
- Arthur, Keri The Darkest Kiss
- Banks, L.A. Vampire Huntress series; Crimson Moon series
- Billson, Anne Suckers
- Butler, Octavia E Fledgling
- Cacek, P.D. Night Prayers
- Clark, Simon London Under Midnight
- Clegg, Douglas The Vampyricon series
- Cole, Kresley Dark Needs at Night’s Edge
- Dedman, Stephen Shadows Bite
- Elrod, P.N. A Chill in the Blood
- Fingerman, B.H. Bottomfeeder
- Haddock, Nancy La Vida Vampire
- Hambly, Barbara Renfield: Slave of Dracula
- Hamilton, Laurell K. Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series
- Harrison, Kim Rachel Morgan Hollows series
- Hart, Raven The Savannah Vampires series
- Holland, Tom Lord of the Dead, & Slave of My Thirst
- Hubbard, Susan The Society of S & The Year of Disappearances
- Hunt, Lee The Vampire of New York
- Huston, Charlie Joe Pitt series
- Ivy, Alexandra Embrace the Darkness
- Jefferson, Jemiah Fiend
- Kalogridis, Jeanne Covenant with the Vampire
- Kenyon, Sherrilyn Dark-Hunter series
- King, Stephen Salem’s Lot
- Kiraly, Marie Mina: The Dracula Story Continues
- Kostova, Elizabeth The Historian
- Lucas, Tim The Book of Renfield: A Gospel of Dracula
- Lukyanenko, Sergei The Watch series
- Lumley, Brian The Necrosope series
- Martinez, Lee Gil’s All Fright Diner
- Masterton, Graham Manitou Blood
- Matheson, Richard I Am Legend: And Other Stories
- Mignola, Michael Baltimore: or The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire
- Mitchell, Mary Ann In the Name of the Vampire & Tainted Blood
- Newman, Kim The Bloody Red Baron
- Parker, Lara The Salem Branch
- Phoenix, Adrian A Rush of Wings
- Rardin, Jennifer The Jaz Parks series
- Rice, Anne Chronicles of the Vampire series & New Tales of the Vampire series
- Richardson, Kat Greywalker
- Romkey, Michael The London Vampire Panic, Vampire Hunter, The Vampire Papers, The Vampire Virus, The Vampire’s Violin, American Gothic: A Vampire Story & I, Vampire
- Ruggiero, Tony From the Declassified Files of Team of Darkness
- Smith-Ready, Jeri Wicked Game
- Stableford, Brian The Empire of Fear, The Hunger and Ecstasy of Vampires
- Stein, Jeanne C. The Watcher
- Stoker, Bram Dracula
- Strieber, Whitley The Hunger, The Last Vampire, Lilith’s Dream
- Vaughn, Carrie Kitty and the Silver Bullet
- Wellington, David 99 Coffins, Vampire Zero, 13 Bullets
- Yarbro, Chelsea Saint-Germain Cycle series
- Atherton, Nancy Aunt Dimity & Vampire Hunter
- Estleman, Loren D Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula
- Harris, Charlaine Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series [Note: The HBO series True Blood is (loosely) based on these novels.]
- James, Dean Simon Kirby-Jones series
- Thurlo, David and Aimee Lee Nez series
- Wilson, Barbara Trouble in Transylvania
- Ashley, Jennifer The Calling
- Bangs, Nina Mackenzie Vampires series
- Bardsley, Michele Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home
- Bretton, Barbara Casting Spells
- Davidson, Mary Janice The Betsy Taylor Undead series
- Robb, J.D. Dead of Night
- Feehan, Christine The Dark series
- Graham, Heather Blood Red & Kiss of Darkness
- Harper, Molly Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs
- Krinard, Susan Prince of Dreams
- MacAlister, Katie The Dark Ones series; Aisling Grey & Guardian series
- McCarthy, Erin Bit the Jackpot
- Medeiros, Teresa After Midnight
- Miller, Linda Lael Vampire Romance series
- Roberts, Nora Circle Trilogy
- Rowen, Michelle Immortality Bites series
- Sands, Lynsay The Rogue Hunter
- Shayne, Maggie Thicker Than Water
- Sparks, Kerrelyn Vampire series
- Squires, Susan One With the Shadows
- Ward , J.R. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series
- Arthur, Keri Full Moon Rising
- Bledsoe, Alex Blood Groove
- Bradbury, Ray From the Dust Returned: A Family Remembrance
- Briggs, Patricia Bone Crossed & Blood Bound
- Martin, George R.R. Fevre Dream
- McMullen, Sean Glass Dragons
- Murphy, C.E. Heart of Stone
- Pike, Christopher The Season of Passage
- Pratt, Tim Spell Games
- Saberhagen, Fred A Matter of Taste