Mystery Books 2006
|Author||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Series||# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Booklists||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Mystery Books 2006
List created by -Maria Levetzow
- Down the Rabbit Hole: an Echo Falls mystery by Peter Abrahams
- Like her idol Sherlock Holmes, eighth grader Ingrid Levin-Hill uses her intellect to solve a murder case in her home town of Echo Falls.
- The Tale of Hill Top Farm by Susan Wittig Albert
- After purchasing a farm in the Lake District of England, an animal lover attempts to befriend her fellow villagers, while her animal companions solve a baffling mystery, in a mystery tale inspired by the life of Beatrix Potter.
- Seventh-graders Agatha Wong and Orville Wright, who has Asperger's syndrome, try to prove that the prank they organized did not cause the fire that burned down their rival school's field house.
- Half Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer
- Twelve-year-old private investigator Fletcher Moon, nicknamed "Half Moon" because of his shortness, must track down a conspiracy or be framed for a crime he did not commit.
- Last Shot by John Feinstein
- Steve and Susan Carol are the two eighth-grade winners of a basketball writers' competition, and get media passes to the Final Four as their prize. Little did they know that what may end up being the biggest story of their life happens off the court!
- Assassin by Patricia Finney
- Lady Grace Cavendish is a maid of honor to Queen Elizabeth I. Three suitors have been found for her, each with their own particular strengths and weaknesses. The night after Grace chooses who will win her hand, one of the losers is found dead. Her newly betrothed is the prime suspect.
- Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder
- Hazel is thrilled when she is invited to be a part of the Pretty Little Devils, the most popular group in the school. She doesn't realize how accurate the description is however, until things take a decidedly devilish turn.
- In Darkness, Death by Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler
- Seikei and his adopted father, Judge Ooka, are asked by the shogun to solve the murder of the Lord Inaba. Ooka sends Seikei out on an information-gathering mission without him, instead insisting that the ninja Tatsuno accompany Seikei and keep him safe. Not an easy job when Seikei's indignation at mistreated peasants leads him to make some very unsafe decisions.
- Minerva Clark Gets a Clue by Karen Karbo
- A thirteen-year-old girl in Portland, Oregon, loses all self-doubt when she is zapped by lightning and uses her newfound courage to solve a murder mystery.
- Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls by Bennett Madison
- Lulu Dark can't really see through walls, but she can see that something fishy is going on with Berlin Silver, the new girl at school. And if no one else is going to take her concerns seriously, she's going to have to figure things out herself.
- Black Taxi by James Moloney
- When Rosie agrees to take care of her grandfather's Mercedes while he is in jail, she gets more than she bargained for, including being thrust into the middle of a jewel heist mystery and being attracted to a dangerous boy.
- Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
- Jasmine and her family are on vacation in Las Vegas, which Jasmine thinks is the perfect place for solving mysteries, much to her dad's displeasure.
- Framed! by Malcolm Rose
- Sixteen year old forensic investigator Luke Harding and his robot sidekick Malc race to discover who is behind three student murders, only to find that the evidence points to Luke himself.
- From Charlie's Point of View by Richard Scrimger
- Best friends Bernadette and Charlie begin seventh grade and help unravel the mysterious case of the Stocking Bandit.
- Finding Lubchenko by Michael Simmons
- When his father is framed for murder and bioterrorism, high-school junior Evan, using clues from a stolen laptop, travels from Seattle to Paris with two friends to find the real culprit.
- The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer
- Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes' younger sister, Enola, lives with their mother. After mom disappears, Enola summons her brothers to solve the mystery. But Enola's brothers are no help, so it's up to her to discover the truth.