Talk:Iowa Teen Award 2010-2011
- 1 Battle of the Books
- 1.1 Regional Questions
- 1.1.1 The Boy Who Dared
- 1.1.2 Shark Girl
- 1.1.3 The Compound
- 1.1.4 Airman
- 1.1.5 Waiting for Normal
- 1.1.6 Shooting the Moon
- 1.1.7 Football Genius
- 1.1.8 Scat!
- 1.1.9 La Linea
- 1.1.10 Frankie Landau-Banks
- 1.1.11 Magic Thief
- 1.1.12 The Alchemyst
- 1.1.13 Elephant Run
- 1.1.14 Notes from the Midnight Driver
- 1.1.15 Runaway
- 1.1 Regional Questions
Battle of the Books
Below is a heading for each title. Please add your question to the appropriate title. Remember answers to all questions should be just a title/author of a book.
The Boy Who Dared
The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
Shark Girl by Kelly Bingham
The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
- In which book does a family consider cannibalism in order to survive? John Gillette 22:05, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the main character steal his brother's "orange-and-white striped rugby" shirt? John Gillette 22:13, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- Which book was written for Nation Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo? John Gillette 22:20, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does a character possesses a rag doll kitten named Clementine? John Gillette 22:25, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the main character not learn the names of his three younger siblings until almost five years after they were born? John Gillette 22:42, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which books does the main character's grandmother live in Hawaii and prefers to wear muumuus? John Gillette 22:44, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the main character find a mysterious note in his father's Bible? John Gillette 22:46, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the main character tend a hydroponic garden? John Gillette 22:48, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the mother discover the flour in their pantry has gone rancid? John Gillette 22:50, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the father suffer from ergotism? John Gillette 22:57, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
Airman by Eoin Colfer
Waiting for Normal
Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor
Shooting the Moon
Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
- In which book is gin rummy often played between a young man and a girl?
- In which book do two siblings enjoy playing Army in the backyard as youngsters?
- In which book does a girl look forward to getting a letter, but instead receives a roll of film?
- In which book does a young man give up college for the army?
- In which book does a father complain, "You can live your life or you can watch it."?
- In which book does a girl named Cindy have several invisible friends?
Football Genius by Time Green
Scat! by Carl Hiaasen
- In which book did their teacher drive a blue Prius?
- In which book did someone find a stuffed rat named Chelsea Evered?
- In which book did a student write an essay on The Curse of the Persistent Pimple?
- In which book does a character live at 777 Buzzard Boulevard?
La Linea by Ann Jaramillo
- In which book is an American soccer jersey given to a friend as a going-away gift?
- In which book are the occupants of a bus asked to get off with all of their belongings?
- In which book does a pamphlet contain a tip to always "Follow the power lines south."?
- In which book does a character carry letters from her mother in a cloth purse?
- In which book does a brother write a message in black across his sister's chest?
- In which book would a larger pair of pants help guard against scorpions?
- In which book are two teens instructs to "take care of their feet?"
- In which book do three characters get caught in a sand storm?
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
- In which book is a character amazed that his locus magicalicus did not kill the boy?
- In which book is a young boy very skilled at unlocking locks by simply using a couple of wires kept hidden in his clothing?
- In which book does the main character reveal that he has never had a cold, in fact, has never been sick?
- In which book is a spell used to turn a character into a cat?
- In which book is it dangerous to mix slowsilver with tourmalifine?
- In which book does a boy find a locked chest full of rocks?
- In which book is Rowan assigned to tutor a new student?
- In which book does a servant knit a black woolen sweater for the main character?
- In which book does a large green jewel "call" to a boy?
The Alchemyst: the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
- In which book was the Yggdrasill frozen by the sword Excalibur? John Gillette 22:05, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
Elephant Run by Roland Smith
- In which book is a boy sent to live with his father on a teak plantation?
- In which book do a boy and girl have to shave their eyebrows off?
- In which book is an old man able to "talk" to elephants?
- In which book does a father explain to his son that he may have to go live in Australia?
- In which book does a boy hide in the river until danger passes?
- In which book does a father write a message in the dirt to his son?
- In which book does tiger skin drive an animal crazy?
Notes from the Midnight Driver
Notes from the Midnight Driver by John Sonnenblick
Runaway by Wendelin Van Draanen