Gentle Reads 2007
Revision as of 19:20, 14 November 2011 by Johntg
|Author||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Series||# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Booklists||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Gentle Reads 2007
List created by -Maria Levetzow
- Defining Dulcie / Acampora, Paul
- Dulcie's mom decides that they are moving to California to escape the memories of Dulcie's dad, who just died. But Dulcie isn't happy there, and decides to drive back home - all the way across the country.
- Chance Fortune and the Outlaws / Berryhill, Shane
- Josh wants to be a superhero; it's all he's ever wanted. But when he's admitted to the Burlington Academy for the Superhuman under the name Chance Fortune, claiming that his superpower is unnaturally good luck, he may be in over his head.
- Half Moon Investigations / Colfer, Eoin
- Fletcher Moon is a twelve-year-old detective, and he's got the badge to prove it. His badge gets stolen, and that's not all. Turns out that someone has it in the for the middle school students of his town, stealing everything from a ipod to a souvenir lock of hair. Detectives aren't supposed to put themselves in the middle of an investigation, but that's the only way that Fletcher can get his badge back.
- Samurai Shortstop / Gratz, Alan
- "Toyo watched carefully as his uncle prepared to kill himself." That's how Toyo's story begins; a story of samurai honor and baseball and how they fit together.
- Cassandra Virus / Johansen, K.V.
- Jordan is bored. And he's tired of always being second to his brilliant older sister. And then he gets an idea - he could be the first person to write a program that would live in the internet, in everyone's computers, and learn and grow by itself - eventually attracting the attention of some pretty shade secret government guys, who want to use the program for some evil purposes of their own.
- Monkey Town: the summer of the Scopes Trial / Kidd, Ronald
- Frances Robinson's family has high hopes for John Scopes, a new teacher at the school. Frances has a huge crush on him. Her father has other plans. He wants John to admit teaching evolution, which is against the law in Tennessee, so the resulting trial will bring publicity and prosperity to their small town. John agrees to the trial, but none of the Robinson dreams work out the way they planned.
- Kiki Strike: inside the shadow city / Miller, Kirsten
- Ananka is an unremarkable girl, or so she thinks until she hooks up with Kiki Strike to explore the Shadow City, a labyrinth of tunnels far under New York City. She learns how to follow someone without getting caught, how to know if someone's eavesdropping and how to know when someone is lying. Unfortunately, that last one doesn't seem to work on Kiki Strike.
- Operation Red Jericho / Mowll, Joshua
- The posthumous papers of Rebecca MacKenzie document her adventures, along with her brother Doug, in 1920s China as the teenaged siblings are sent to live aboard their uncle's ship where they become involved in the dangerous activities of a mysterious secret society called the Honourable Guild of Specialists. First in The Guild trilogy.
- Mythbusters don't try this at home / Packard, Mary
- Mythbusters Adam and Jamie show you how to replicate some of the experiments from their show.
- Johnny and the Dead / Pratchett, Terry
- Johnny likes to walk home through the cemetery, until the day that he knocks on the door of a crypt and the guy inside answers!
- Framed / Rose, Malcolm
- Luke has just completed his testing to become a forensics investigator - and he's only 16. He's very surprised when he's assigned his first case on the same day, and it's at his school! With the help of his Mobile Aid to Law and Crime, Luke quickly gets tangled up in a multiple murder mystery. First in the Traces series.
- No End in Sight / Scdoris, Rachael
- Rachael Scdoris is a sled dog racer, has been since she was eleven. After she graduated from high school, she applied to run the Iditarod, the most famous sled dog race in the world and Rachael's life-long dream. The Iditarod Committee said no. Not because Rachael was young, not because she was a girl, but because Rachael is legally blind.
- The Case of the Missing Marquess / Springer, Nancy
- Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes' younger sister, Enola, lives with their mother. After mom disappears, Enola summons her brothers to solve the mystery. But Enola's brothers are no help, so it's up to her to discover the truth.
- Trollbridge / Yolen, Jane and Adam Stemple
- One of the "perks" of being named a Dairy Princess is having your likeness carved from butter. Tradition has it that the twelve butter princesses are then displayed on Trollholm Bridge. But the new Trollholm major declares this a health hazard and a silly event. But it turns out there's more to this greasy tradition than meets the eye.