Difference between revisions of "Botb-building-2011"
(→Waiting for Normal)
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
''Scat! by Carl Hiaasen''
''Scat! by Carl Hiaasen''
''La Linea by Ann Jaramillo''
''La Linea by Ann Jaramillo''
Revision as of 20:07, 12 April 2011
|Author||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Series||# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Booklists||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
- 1 Building Questions
Below is a heading for each title. Please add your question to the appropriate title. Remember answers to all questions should be just a title/author of a book.
The Boy Who Dared
The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
In which do some boys aged 10-14 join the Jungvolk?
In which book does the main character resent finding Hugo sitting at their table every morning?
In which book does a student write an essay for school that he does not believe in?
In which book does a boy start a detective agency called "Lord Lister Detective Agency?"
In which book is dust "verboten?"
In which book does a mother admit to her disgusted and pained son, "Silence is how people get on sometimes."
In which book is it against the law to listen to foreign radio broadcasts?
In which book is a radio obtained on the black market?
In which book is Brother Worbs arrested for telling how he feels?
In which book are Karl and Rudi named as accomplices?
In which book is a printing press considered good fortune?
In which book are pamphlets used to get information out to people?
Shark Girl by Kelly Bingham
The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
- In which book does the main character tend a hydroponic garden? John Gillette 22:48, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book does the mother discover the flour in their pantry has gone rancid? John Gillette 22:50, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- In which book is the main character currently reading a Stephen King novel?
- In which book does the main character have a stash of Snickers in his room?
- In which book was the mother a cellist in the symphony before her marriage?
- In which book does the main character play the trumpet?
- In which book was the name of the family dog Cocoa?
- In which book was the newest member of the family named Finnegan?
- In which book does the grandmother live in Hawaii?
- In which book was the father obsessed with nuclear war?
- In which book is the brother of the main character named Eddy?
- In which book was turducken the food for the traditional family Christmas?
Airman by Eoin Colfer
In which book are Connor and Isabella so adventurous that they are "often so daubed with mud, blood, and nothing good that (they are) barely distinguishable"?
In which book did King Nicholas show a young boy how sunlight passing through a lense can start a fire?
In which book do two children use a flag to fly to safey?
Waiting for Normal
Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor
In which book does a trailer burn down?
Shooting the Moon
Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
In which book does the main character’s brother volunteer for the medical corps in Vietnam?
In which book is the main character a 12-year old girl from a military family?
In which book does the main character call her dad “The Colonel?”
In which book does the main character receive undeveloped rolls of film from her brother?
In which book did the main character write articles for her school paper?
In which books was there a gin rummy card competition?
In which book did Jamie give pictures to the moon to Cindy?
In which book is the setting Fort Hood, TX, in the summer of 1969?
In which book does the main character volunteer at the Army base’s rec center?
In which book does the main character become friends with a soldier named Private Hollister?
In which book does a sister discover that her pictures fit with the pictures taken by her brother?----
Football Genius by Time Green
In which book did Tate, Nathan, and Troy walk the tracks of "The Midnight Express"?
In which book was Jamie Renfro the antagonist?
In which book did Seth Halloway mention that his dad was a cop and got killed at a bank robbery when Seth was only three?
In which book did the main character squeeze through a break in a concrete wall to get into the country club?
In which book did Krock have a plastic, right ankle with a shiny, metal bolt?
In which book did the main character jump off the bridge, landing 30 ft. below in the Chattahoochee River?
In which book was Coke drank and mentioned in many of the chapters?
In which book did the main character get to ride in a yellow H2?
Scat! by Carl Hiaasen
In which book is the Florida Panther one of the characters?
La Linea by Ann Jaramillo
- In which book was the boy named after the authors his papa liked?
- In which book was there a man named Don Clemente?
- In which book is the boys family in California?
- In which book does the main character kill a goat for a fiesta?
- In which book is there a train called "the people killer"?
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
In which does a small ceramic dog become the center of an argument?
Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
In which book is the main character given a hand-knitted sweater?
The Alchemyst: the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
In which book is one of the opening scenes in a bookstore?
Elephant Run by Roland Smith
In which book is the setting on a teak plantation?
Notes from the Midnight Driver
Notes from the Midnight Driver by John Sonnenblick
- In which book did a boy steal a car?
- In which book was a lawn gnome decapitated?
- In which book is there a character named Alexander Gregory?
- In which book was the boy driving drunk?
- In which book does a boy suffer a concussion?
- In which book does a boy play the guitar?
- In which book is Laurie Flynn the main character's best friend?
- In which book is the boy's sentence to work with Solomon Lewis?
- In which book was yiddish spoken?
- In which book did the man have emphesima?
- In which book is there a group called the Cha-Kings?
- In which book is "gotcha" a big part of the book?
Runaway by Wendelin Van Draanen
In which book is a girl sometimes confined to a laundry room?
In which book does a girl make a home out of a box?
In which book does a mother overdose on heroin?
In which book does Mrs. Leone believe that writing is a way of working through issues?
In which book does a young girl hop on trains and stowe away in a Greyhound luggage compartment to travel west?
In which book is a student assigned to write a cinquain poem to describe an embarrassing moment?
In which book does Venus steal something from the main character?
In which book does a girl shoplift a swimming suit?
In which book does a girl wish to be a sea gypsy in California?
In which book do a mother and daughter eat Kentucky Fried Chicken and canned spiced peaches for Thanksgiving instead of turkey?
In which book does a girl refuse to refer to herself as homeless?
In which book does the main character imagine running along the beach with a dog that is wearing a bandana?